Medicaid and WIC
Medicaid is a program that provides health care services to individuals that meet the requirements for income, resources and citizenship. Individuals may apply for Medicaid at any local DFCS office, by mail, telephone, fax, e-mail, or at designated agencies.
- Learn more about Medicaid from the Georgia Department of Human Services Division of Family and Children Services.
- Learn more about Medicaid - En Español
This year you must choose a health plan because there has been a new carrier added. Open enrollment is March 1, 2017 through March 31, 2017. If you want to keep your same plan you must choose it by March 31, 2017, or a new plan may be assigned to you.
You can call the number or visit the online site listed below.
- Online: https://www.georgia-families.com/GASelfService/faces/jsp/CreateProfile.xhtml.
- Call: 1-888-GA-ENROLL (1-888-423-6765).
The Georgia WIC program is the nation's fifth largest Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children. WIC has provided nutrition education and supplemental foods to low income families for over thirty years.
- Learn more about Georgia WIC from the Georgia Department of Public Health.